We will have both virtual posters and usual printed posters at the conference site. Online participants have only virtual posters.
Also on-site presenters are requested to place their poster virtually, in addition to bringing a usual printed poster to the conference .
Form of the poster
The poster should be a single pdf file. It does not have to be a large single sheet, but it may be a multipage document, like a slideshow, as long as it is of reasonable size.
You keep the file in your own server and submit us the link as described below.
Here’s more information about BEC Online event:
- We will use Liveto to run the online part of the event: https://liveto.io/en/virtual-event/
- You will receive an invitation to the event on 8th September from the Liveto platform. Please register for Liveto platform using the same email address to which you have received the invitation to enter the event.
- We have two training sessions, please participate in the one that suits you better. If you can’t attend, we will record it and you can watch it later.
- When you enter the event, you land first in the landing page that looks like a landing page for a website. From the landing page (Lobby) you can select Stage (there is links for Zoom sessions) or Posters (for online poster session).
- Every poster/demo/slideshow gets a room (there can be two or more authors in the same room)
- On the landing page of Posters you see “boxes” with presentation name, author, time, etc.
- You cannot see who are in the room before entering the room yourself.
- Presenters are in their rooms during the time marked in the “box” (naturally you can be there longer if you want to).
- You can have one presentation up all the time. That presentation (for examples few slides about your work) is embedded into Liveto from Google Drive or SharePoint
- Your guests can look at your presentation by themselves when you are not in the room and even while you are presenting something in the main window.
- The main “window” is for your video and you can also share screen, so you can show what you have done (show a poster, video, slides)
- Every room has also a chat for discussion
- 30 people/room is maximum capacity
- We have created schedule for poster sessions. Please be present at your poster room on schedule
Linking the poster
You make the file on your own server and send us a link for it. Hence you can edit the file until last minute. You do not have to send the file itself. Please use sharing application, like Google Drive or Sharepoint.
Share your Google Drive files publicly with no sign in required
1. Select the file you want to share.
2. Click Share and then Get link.
3. Under “Get Link,” click Change to anyone with link.
4. To decide what people can do with your public link when you share it, select Viewer, Commenter, or Editor.
5. Click Done.
6. Double click on the file in Google Drive to open it, click on “More actions” in the top right-hand corner (three vertical dots), and choose “Open in a new window.”
7. In the new window, click again on “More actions” in the top right-hand corner (three vertical dots) and choose “Embed item…”.
8. Copy the link from within the embed script, shown between the ” ” quotation marks.
9. Send the copied link to organizer
You can update/modify your file if you need. Just overwrite the previous version (do not delete the file or change the file name). When you move the poster file of the same name to same location, Google Drive will ask what to do with the new file -> Click “Update existing”. The link you submit will remain the same.
Share your SharePoint files publicly with no sign in required
1. On your SharePoint page, make sure you’re in Edit mode. If you’re not, click Edit at the top right of the page and then select Share and Embed
2. Copy the link from within the embed script, shown between the ” ” quotation marks.
3. Send the copied link to organizer
Sending the link
Please send us the link to your pdf file until 1st September 2021 with this form: https://link.webropol.com/s/Submission-posters-BEC2021
The link has been closed and we are no longer able to receive files.
Presenting the poster
A platform will be open for presenting the poster. We have two training sessions, please participate in the one that suits you better. If you can’t attend, we will record it and you can watch it later.
Training session 1: 8th September at 16.30 (EEST, UTC +3). You find link to the session from the email you have received from us.
Training session 2: 9th September at 9.00 (EEST, UTC +3). You find link to the session from the email you have received from us